About Next Generation Radio Staff
The Next Generation Radio staff is a rotating cast of professional journalists and educators who volunteer to mentor enthusiastic and aspiring reporters and produce this full-scale, digital-first multimedia training project with emphasis on “radio storytelling.” We are committed to the professional development of undergraduate and graduate students who are focused on journalism.
- Doug Mitchell, Founder/Director, Next Generation Radio, NPR, Washington, DC
- Asma Khalid, Business and Tech Reporter, WBUR, Boston, MA
- Ray Ruiz, Founder/Director, El Gato Media Network, Houston, TX
- Crystal Chavez, Reporter/Host, WMFE Orlando, FL
- Laura Isensee, Education Reporter, Houston Public Media, Houston, TX
- Monica Ortiz Uribe, Freelance Reporter, El Paso, TX
- Brenda Patricia Salinas, Reporter, 60db, Palo Alto, CA
- Phyllis Fletcher, Managing Editor, Northwest News Network, Seattle, WA
- Drew Jostad, Audio Engineer, Marketplace, Los Angeles, CA
- Patrice Mondragon, Audio Engineer, Denver, CO
- Michelle Johnson, Boston University, Boston ,MA
We are finding, coaching and training public media's next generation. This #nextgenradio project is created in partnership with Houston Public Media. Learn more about Next Generation Radio and upcoming programs.